It’s great to belong. Whether you’re part of a cycling group, volunteering community, an ethical company, a charitable collective or even a partner in a project; to know you’re part of the whole gives you a buzz. So here’s what SplashMaps is doing to support groups in the outdoors.
The crucial invitation
If you’re British (and a bit cretinous in social situations like me), there can be a long gap between the crucial invitation to a group and the final feeling of belonging.
Regardless of how long it takes, hearing the words that you’re “one of ours” resonates at a deep level.
One of our own
Only a few weeks ago, at one of our Geomob events, I was introduced by the host, Steve Feldman with the phrase “he’s one of our own”. This took me aback, until he listed out the reasons.
- Before we’d incorporated SplashMaps, I brought our Kickstarter campaign to Geomob in 2012
- Many of the Geomob became backers, thus birthing SplashMaps!
- One Geomobster became a shareholder in 2014
- Since then SplashMaps have been presented as the Best Speaker prize to the worlds most deserving geo projects (30 happy recipients in total)
- Members of Geomob coached me for investment pitches (as seen on TV)
- And, really, SplashMaps -a brand recognised for withstanding the worst of nature – had gained a reputation for persistence in the geo community too!
My eyebrows rose over my forehead. But I was very grateful and – at last – got that glowing feeling of deep belonging to this unique and influential group.
Embracing groups of Outdoors Enthusiasts
It needn’t take you that long to get that same sense of belonging, and we want to help. So, for 2022, we’re embracing groups of outdoor enthusiasts and are already building great connections with awesome groups who’ll feature in these pages.
So far we’ve introduced the ability to start your ‘own Market Place‘. Now we host maps on behalf of enthusiasts like Wild Mountain NI’s Cathy and Petra (seen here above the clouds).
In the coming season, SplashMaps Adventures really gets underway as we cement partnerships with groups – large and small – offering incentives and merging our communities of trail finders, striders and riders!
- Already there are multi-buy discounts on ALL our products (buy over 3 products for up to 25% off!), perfect for groups! Start here and add a few to a basket to see the big savings you can make. Add a logo if you wish!
- Look out for forthcoming competitions too where amazing experiences will be up for grabs for our Bulletin reading followers.
Don’t miss out on any of this! Join the mailing list now! At the very least you’ll be in the draw for a SplashMap!